WIRED for WELLBEING?
Isn't all mind training or "meditation" the same?
You've probably heard that training your mind through meditation can rewire your brain to promote all-around wellbeing.
But what you may not know is that, just like exercise, different meditation practices, such as mindfulness, produce different results. This is why it is important to receive mind training that is tailored to meet your specific challenges and goals. Your time is important - why waste it with trianing that is meant to help someone else?
If you want greater wellbeing, choose the kind of mind training that delivers the greatest return on investment!
What do we mean by "WELLBEING?"
Though many possible answers exist, we embrace what has been called the 4 Components of Wellbeing, by neuroscientist, Richard Davidson (the founder for the Center for Healthy Minds) and scientist Brianna Schuyler.
When you work with John, you'll receive training that cultivate and strengthen the 4 Components of Wellbeing.
Guided by an experienced, and professionally trained instructor
John Lykurgus Wade: co-founder of Living Heart+Mind, and a military veteran of nearly 15 years of active-duty service of both the U.S. Army and Navy, intimately understands the challenges of moving through life when wellbeing is eroded.
After many years of intense study and practice guided by generous teachers and mentors, and supported by his loving wife Roxy, and their family, John overcame alcoholism, incarceration, and severe PTSD. John and Roxy initially created Living Heart+Mind as a platform to offer the world's first online platform for CBCT® (Cognitively-Based Compassion Training). Since then, John has helped train breast-cancer survivors, individuals with Asperger's Syndrome, as well as doctors, psychotherapists, pharmacists, colleges students, and nurses.
Though no longer teaching CBCT®, John now devotes his time to raising his grandson, Bodhi, loving his wife and step-daughter Camille, and helping those who are serious about training their minds for greater wellbeing by providing one-on-one, online mind training.
So let's review the facts
You want mind training that is tailored to your specific daily challenges and life goals and you don't want to waste time attending classes that are geared towards others needs.
You want to benefit from one-on-one instruction from a teacher who has experienced life's many challenges and who has "walked the walk." John
You want to be able to study and practice from the comfort of your own home.
(1) Why would you NOT want to WIRE for WELLBEING?
(Hopefully by now these questions aren't necessary, but let's go ahead and ask)
- Would more mental focus and clarity, coupled with serenity help?
- Would letting go of old, unhelpful mental habits (anger, frustration, anxiety, clinging, etc.) help?
- Would feeling more connected with friends, family members, and even "strangers" through compassion training enhance your life? (secret: we already know it enhances your immune system)
- Would being able to engage acts of compassion, whether at work or home, without falling prey to "burnout," or "compassion fatigue" be helpful?
- Would having greater wellbeing help your children (in particular - "at-risk-children") cultivate prosocial skills that buffer against the inevitable stress, uncertainty, and challenges they face (secret: the answer is YES!)
- Would it be helpful to wire the brain (benefitting from neuroplasticity & neurogenesis) to promote wellbeing, compassion, and happiness (we hope you're seeing a pattern here)?
Do you want to wire for wellbeing so that you have less stress and a stronger immune system that can act as a buffer against the development of a host of chronic, stress-related illnesses, including depression, heart disease, and diabetes?
The only question left: WHEN do you want to begin?
If you’re ready to take charge of your life, to live with greater wellbeing, stronger relationships, and the ability to care for others, while also reducing the risk of “ burnout.”