Register for online CBCT®
WHAT YOU GET
- Professional instruction from a Certified CBCT® (Cognitively-Based Compassion Training) Teacher
- 8 weekly 1 1/2 hour live + online interactive CBCT® classes
- 16+ Guided Meditations from the CBCT® instructor during class
- Access to Class materials from Emory University’s CBCT® Website
- Access to CBCT® & related research
- You support ongoing research!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
In this course you will learn mindsets (this is the "cognitive" part) and skill-sets (this is the practice/"training" part) to empower you to wire your brain (and your heart!) for greater wellbeing, which will empower you to be more effective in every area of your life.
- 1. Cultivate greater mental stability & clarity:
- 2. Activate and strengthen resilience
- 3. Engage in self-compassion:
- 4. Dismantle narrow/limiting views about "others"
- 5. Activate gratitude, and extend affection towards others
- 6. Deepen empathy & engage in compassion (while reducing the dangers of "burnout"/ becoming overwhelmed by the suffering of others)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
John Wade received training in CBCT® (Cognitively-Based Compassion Training) from its developer, Dr. Tenzin Negi.
John is also the co-founder and senior instructor for Living Heart+Mind, an online platform launched in 2015 to provide the world’s first 8-week online CBCT® (Cognitively-Based Compassion Training) course. CBCT® was developed by Geshe Lobsang Tenzin Negi, PhD, the co-founder and Director of the Emory-Tibet Partnership, a multi-dimensional initiative launched in 1998 to bring together the foremost contributions of the Western scholastic tradition and the Tibetan Buddhist sciences of mind and healing. CBCT® is a systematic method for gradually training the mind until compassion becomes a spontaneous response, and is currently utilized in a wide variety of research studies, including an NIH-funded study examining the efficacy of compassion meditation on the experience of depression.
IN GREATER DETAIL-
WHAT YOU GET
(1) Professional instruction from John Lykurgus Wade, a CBCT® (Certified Cognitively-Based Compassion Training) Teacher
(2) 8 weekly 1 1/2 hour live + online interactive CBCT® classes
(3) 16+ live Guided Meditations from the CBCT® instructor during class
(4) Access to Class materials from Emory University’s CBCT Website:
* CBCT® Overview of all 6 Modules
* CBCT® Summaries for each module
* Guided Meditation recordings for each CBCT® Module of varying lengths
(5) Access to CBCT® & related research: You’ll learn about the
research projects and neuroscience associated with each of the 6 CBCT modules
(6) You support ongoing research!: 10% of every sale goes towards supporting research into how CBCT® (Cognitively-Based Compassion Training) helps strengthen emotional & physical wellbeing for individuals including medical students, cancer survivors, nurses, veterans with PTSD, HIV+ individuals, parents of autistic children, and school children
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
SUMMARY: In this course you will learn mindsets (this is the "cognitive" part) and skill-sets (this is the practice/"training" part) to empower you to wire your brain (and your heart!) for greater wellbeing, which will empower you to be more effective in every area of your life.
- Cultivate greater mental stability & clarity: Being able to "stay with" your chosen course through life is critical for personal stability, family dynamics, & workplace performance.
- Activate and strengthen resilience: by gaining insight into the nature of our mental experiences, we can use stability of mind to not chase after every impulse, or rush away from every discomfort, both of which can erode wellbeing.
- Engage in self-compassion: Not "feeling sorry" for ourselves, self-compassion, is about the power to turn away from negative habits, and committing to activities which concretely move us toward lives of integrity, leadership, courage, kindness, and compassion.
- Dismantle narrow/limiting views about "others": placing people into limiting categories of "friend, stranger, or enemy," limits opportunities for collaboration, healing, and positive growth. You will cultivate a more wise/inclusive perspective, one which recognizes our common humanity.
- Activate gratitude, and extend affection towards others: Feeling more "connected" with others paves the way for recognizing how we benefit from others (and in turn recognize our own value), in this truly interdependent world.
- Deepen empathy & engage in compassion (while reducing the dangers of "burnout"/ becoming overwhelmed by the suffering of others): as with family and friends, gratitude and affection for a wider circle of people occurs with deepened empathy, empowering us to authentically care for others, supported by the earlier stages of CBCT.
Please note: no refunds will be issued within 7 days of the start of the course. If registration is cancelled prior to that time, your fee will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. No registration is guaranteed until payment is received.